In 2021, members voted to change the name of the Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders (CCBD) to the Division for Emotional and Behavioral Health (DEBH) to reflect the needs of our members and the students we serve. National link: https://debh.exceptionalchildren.org
As one of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)'s 18 Special Interest Divisions, the mission of the Division for Emotional and Behavioral Health is to support the learning and growth of students with behavioral and/or emotional disorders.
DEBH is an international community of educators dedicated to advancing the success of children and youth with or at risk of emotional and behavioral disorders. DEBH offers support and recognition to those individuals who are new to the field and those with longstanding dedication to student success. DEBH is a trusted leader in shaping education policy and practice and is globally renowned for its expertise and leadership in:
- Promoting and publishing research that improves policy and practice for children and youth with or at risk of emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Providing professional development opportunities that improve policy and practice for children and youth with or at risk of emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Advocating on behalf of individuals with emotional and behavioral disorders and partnering with other organizations and individuals who share this commitment.
- Extending critical professional support to our colleagues in these endeavors, the members of DEBH.
Members of DEBH receive the Behavioral Disorders journal, Beyond Behavior magazine, and the DEBH e-Newsletter. Only CEC Members are eligible to join this divisions.
AzDEHB is Arizona's official subdivision of DEBH.
Board of Directors
- President - Sharon Makhoul
- President-Elect - Leilani Scott
- Secretary - Kassandra Spurlock
- Treasurer - Dr. Daniel Gulchak
- Past-President - Dr. Daniel Gulchak
- Book Club - Natalie Trainor